In past years, India has witnessed a remarkable revolution in its medical sector, placing itself as a top center for medical tourism. With the support of India’s top-most specialists, cutting-edge technology, and developed infrastructure, getting the best result in every type of treatment, especially kidney cancer treatment, has become possible.
Not only is the treatment process and medical care effective, but Kidney Cancer Treatment Cost in India is affordable. As kidney cancer continues to rise worldwide, patients worldwide are choosing to visit India for the best and most cost-effective treatment.
Overview of Kidney Cancer
Kidney cancer develops in the lining of the tiny tubes inside the organ, removing waste from the blood and creating urine. Imaging, blood tests, and a biopsy to confirm the presence of cancer cells are used to diagnose kidney cancer.
Although the factors causing kidney cancer are frequently unclear, some variables can raise the risk of the illness, including smoking, being overweight, having high blood pressure, having kidney cancer in the family, etc.
Blood in the urine, pain or discomfort in the side or lower back, a lump or mass in the abdomen, weight loss, exhaustion, and repeated fevers are other symptoms of kidney cancer. However, some kidney cancer cases are asymptomatic and only discovered by chance during imaging studies for other illnesses.
Kidney Cancer Treatment & Its Process
- Diagnosis – It is an initial assessment to review the patient’s medical history and physical conditions. A biopsy is conducted to obtain tissue samples for laboratory testing that will identify the kind of cancer present and confirm its presence.
- Treatment Planning –A team of experts reviews the diagnostic results and works together to create a dedicated treatment plan. The treatment strategy includes a single therapy mode or a mix of treatments.
- Surgical Intervention –The primary and crucial step for kidney cancer treatment is surgery. Complete removal of the diseased kidney and any required organs and lymph nodes occurs in a Radical nephrectomy. Minimally invasive procedures are used for minor tumors, which speeds up recovery.
- Targeted Treatment and Immunotherapy –Drugs used in targeted therapy selectively target the molecular defects of cancer cells to prevent their development and spread. On the other hand, immunotherapy improves the body’s ability to identify and combat cancer cells.
- Radiation Therapy –High-energy beams are focused at the tumor site to kill cancer cells or reduce tumors. This treatment is combined with surgery to reduce symptoms of advanced cancer.
- Chemotherapy –Chemotherapy is processed in some kidney cancer cases—systematic medication drugs to eradicate cancer cells all across the body.
- Follow-up and Monitoring –The last step is to evaluate treatment success, identify potential risks, and manage any adverse effects; routine follow-up visits and imaging tests are planned.
Kidney Cancer Treatment Cost in India
The cost of the treatment varies on different circumstances and factors, including the type of treatment taken by the patients, the complexity of the treatment, and the cancer stage.
More ever, patients’ age, medical history, and the location of the hospital are some secondary causes that affect the cost of the treatment.
Kidney cancer treatment costs in India can range from INR 1,30,00 to INR 3,00,000. It can further increase depending on the patient’s needs and requirements. However, the cost in India for this cancer treatment is meager compared to other countries, which offers a cost-effective option to many patients worldwide.
Major Factors That Affect Kidney Cancer Treatment Costs in India
Some major cost-affecting factors for kidney cancer treatment include –
- Cancer Type and Stage –The stage and type of kidney cancer are key factors in deciding the steps of therapy and future expense. The total cost of early-stage cancer only needs a limited amount of therapy compared to advanced-stage cancer.
- Treatment Options –The cost of various treatment options, including surgery, chemotherapy, radiation therapy, targeted therapy, and immunotherapy, can affect the overall cost of the treatment.
- Hospital and Medical Infrastructure –The cost of treatment is influenced by the hospital’s reputation, facilities, and infrastructure. Care costs are greater in renowned hospitals with cutting-edge technology and skilled medical staff.
- Medical Expertise –The cost varies depending on the skill and experience of the treating physicians. Higher fees from recognized and highly trained medical professionals can increase the overall cost of therapy.
- Additional Services and Facilities –The total cost of care is affected by extra services, including private rooms, specialized nursing care, dedicated patient coordinators, language interpreters, and additional diagnostic procedures.
Kidney Cancer Treatment Success Rate
The outcome of kidney cancer treatment is based on several factors, such as the stage of the disease at the time of diagnosis, the kind of therapy used, the patient’s general health, and individual differences.
According to the stage and unique features of the tumor, the five-year survival rate for localized kidney cancer ranges from 70% to 75%. The success rate also relies on how the patient responds to therapy. Early cancer recurrence identification can result in prompt treatment and better long-term results.
Kidney cancer is one of the most complex cancer types that affects many patients. It becomes more challenging to handle because the major affecting factors still need to be discovered. Treating cancer like this needs particular attention, medical facilities, advanced-level infrastructure, and skilled surgeons.
In India, patients can quickly get all these at a very affordable price. India’s cost-effectiveness and valued medical services are the key factors that force patients to visit it to get their treatment done.