Do you feel that your skin is no longer as smooth & gleaming as it once was? Despite a regular skincare regimen, does it appear dull and rugged? You may be deeply frustrated because no amount of cleansing & moisturizing seems to be of any help to get back the lustre.
The problem is mainly the absence of a good body scrub in your body care program. You may be using the most expensive products from the top cosmetic brands. But this would simply be an exercise in futility if you do not use a body scrub to remove the dead skin cells.
A body scrubbing does precisely this. It exfoliates the skin to help you get rid of dead cells and promotes the growth of fresh & healthy skin. This ensures that the skin stays smooth and youthful for a long time. It is believed that the ancient Egyptians used body scrubbing for natural exfoliation.
There are quite a few varieties of body scrubs available in the market today. This includes a coffee body scrub and those made of salt and sugar. But before delving into these details, let’s understand a few basic things about body scrubs.
Why Do You Need a Body Scrub?
The shedding of skin cells is natural and continuous. But the process is not always perfect. It depends on several factors, like your skin type, age, and weather. This eventually leads to a building up of dead skin cells on the surface.
The main objective of exfoliation is to remove the dry & dead cells on the skin’s surface and make it smooth, even, and healthy. The difference is stark, and you can notice it almost immediately after using a body scrub. The skin instantly becomes soft and begins to glow. The other benefits of using a body scrub are given below.
- Body scrubs help you unclog the pores and prevent acne and blackheads.
- Body scrubbing prevents dark spots & hyperpigmentation and gives an even skin tone.
- Body scrubs can prevent ingrown hairs and reduce razor bumps.
- Accumulation of dead & dry skin cells makes it dull, rough, and cracked. Body scrubbing makes the skin soft and smooth by removing dead cells.
- Your skin can better absorb moisture if the dead cells are removed periodically by body scrubbing.
- Exfoliation helps to flush out toxins and stimulates better blood flow to your skin.
- Body scrubs help to nourish & brighten the skin. It also improves the process of skin cell regeneration.
How Often Should You Use a Body Scrub?
A body scrub is not meant for daily use. Frequent use of body scrubs can lead to dry or irritated skin. But essentially, the frequency of use depends on your skin type. For normal skin, you can use body scrubs about twice a week. If you have a sensitive skin type, just use it once a week.
You can use the body scrub right after showering and washing your body. The skin is then fresh, clean, and ready for exfoliation.
Common Types of Body Scrubs
There are different types of body scrubs available in the market today. Their ingredients determine the kind of exfoliation they provide to your skin. A few common types of body scrubs are listed below.
- Sugar Body Scrubs: Sugar scrubs are good if you want a scrub that is not very abrasive. It hydrates your skin well and removes dry & dead cells.
- Salt Body Scrubs: Salt is a natural exfoliant and can easily remove dead skin cells. These scrubs can be made using different grades of sea salt. They are highly rejuvenating and therapeutic for your skin.
- Coffee Body Scrubs: Coffee is also a natural exfoliant with good anti-inflammatory properties. A Coffee Scrub for the Body is made by mixing ground coffee beans with sugar & oils. The Justhuman Coffee Caramel Body Scrub has a fine blend of coffee and olive oil to provide you with the ultimate indulgence.
- Herbal Body Scrubs: You can create as many types of herbal body scrubs as you want. Lavender and orange peel body scrubs are very popular. They have good healing properties. They can soothe your skin and calm your senses.
- Moisturizing Body Scrubs: These are good for dry and irritating skin types. The exfoliation removes dead cells and makes it easier for your skin to absorb moisture.
Uses & Benefits of Coffee Body Scrubs
The first cup of coffee in the morning is an energy booster. Most of us cannot begin our day without it. Well, coffee can have the same effect on your skin too. A coffee body scrub has the following amazing benefits and must be a part of your skincare routine.
- Coffee has natural exfoliating properties and can slough dead skin cells. The skin becomes soft and smooth.
- Caffeine can stimulate blood flow and reduce cellulite. The skin becomes more firm and toned as it loses its flab.
- The antioxidants in coffee protect the skin from the damage caused by free radicals. This improves collagen production and prevents premature ageing.
- Skin gets brighter and better with a youthful look. Coffee body scrubs also contain nourishing ingredients with essential minerals and vitamins.
- Coffee scrub for the body is good if your skin is loose & flabby. It can remove excess water and tighten the skin.
The scent of coffee can reinvigorate your senses and uplift your mood when you are tired & weary. Try the Coffee Caramel Body Scrub by Justhuman and indulge in a spa-like experience right in your home!
How to Use a Body Scrub?
It is quite simple to use a body scrub. Here’s how you can do it:
- Wash your body and rinse it with warm water.
- Take a small quantity of body scrub on your palm. Start with your feet and move upwards in a circular motion. Scrub each area for about 30 seconds.
- Now rinse the body scrub with warm water until the skin is smooth and clean.
- Pat the skin dry and make sure it’s a bit damp.
- Body scrubs can dry out the skin. So use a moisturizer when the skin is still damp to lock the moisture.
It’s not just your facial skin that needs care and nourishment. The skin on your body equally deserves your attention. Do not ignore this aspect. Make it an integral part of your skincare regimen. You know how drinking coffee can fuel and drive you every morning. Now try out a coffee body scrub and experience the magic of this incredible product!
For More blogs : https://www.newschronicles24.com/